Using drugs can affect your health, relationships and personal safety. But, for some people, drug use takes over, disrupts their life and becomes a problem
What do we mean by drugs?
- Illegal substances such as heroin, cocaine, cannabis and mephedrone
- Misused household products - like gases, glues and aerosols or other volatile substances
- Some medicines (which can be misused)
- Alcohol and tobacco
- New Psychoactive Substances (NPS), often referred to as 'legal highs'Further information about drugs and the effects of drugs can be found on the NHS Choices website. FRANK has the latest information about different drugs, their effects and the law, to help you know what's what. You can talk to FRANK in confidence if you are worried about your own or someone else's use of drugs. FRANK can signpost you to local services that can support you or someone you care about. Narcotics Anonymous also offers information and advice about addiction.
- Addaction Herefordshire provides information, advice and support across Herefordshire for people with drug and alcohol issues.
Visit their website for details or they can be contacted as follows;
- Telephone: 01432 802487
- 6 Bridge Street, Hereford, HR4 9DF
- Monday to Friday - 9am until 5pm and Saturday 10am until 1pm
Visit our section Drugs and alcohol advice for young people and parents for information on the support available to young people, parents and their families.