Physical activity and exercise can help you stay healthy, energetic and independent at any age.
Getting some physical activity each day can help to;
- maintain a healthy weight
- prevent a range of illness and disease including heart disease, type 2 diabetes and some cancers
- improve sleep
- prevent depression, anxiety and other mental health conditions
- prevent dementia, osteoarthritis and physical limitations in later life.
The following links have some useful information about activity guidelines:
- Physical activity guidelines for older adults
- Physical activity guidelines for adults
- Physical activity guidelines for young people aged 5-18
- Physical Activity guidelines for under fives
Search service directory